Saturday, August 29, 2009

Catch-up: Eliza's Broken Collarbone

So, I never elaborated. On Memorial Day, we gave an awesome BBQ with Claron's lab mate, Scott. Eliza LOVES her "Scotty." When bedtime came around, she did NOT want to go, which is unusual for Eliza. She is usually an easy sleeper. Regardless, we put her in her crib. About 3 minutes later, we hear a loud thud followed by a cry. We go upstairs, and she is on the floor. She had been climbing out of her crib successfully for months, and this was her first fall. I knew something was wrong because she cried for more than two minutes. Being Memorial Day, Claron didn't want to take her to the hospital because it was surely full of crazy drunks. We took her to the doctor the next day. The doctor didn't think was broken but sent us for an x-ray anyway. We don't have that x-ray, but here it is after healing for two weeks.
The doctors can't do anything for a two year old with a broken collar bone. They told us to give her motrin and try to keep her still and from climbing anything. The main goal was to not rebreak it while it was healing. Eliza actually enjoyed her confinement. She got to watch movie after movie. She loved it. The crazy thing is that now you can't even feel where it was broken.
Here she is that day after she broke it.
Amazing, huh!?

1 comment:

krissiecook said...

Holy crap! I can't believe she broke her collarbone in the first place (just because she seems fast enough on her feet to avoid it, but I guess that's the point - you have to be on your feet to avail yourself of that). Also, I am sad there's nothing to do about a broken collarbone. Good thing she likes movies!
Finally, I'm sad we missed you. We are here in SB and even went to your ward, and I was excited because I was going to know someone there. But you were not there, and I was a loser.