Friday, August 28, 2009

Catch-up: The Getty

This is a catch up post. We did this earlier in the summer when Claron's dad was visiting.

If you live in LA, around LA or are visiting LA, you MUST visit the J. Paul Getty museum. We have seen the museum from the 405 for years and never stopped in. The tram and the modern buildings are clearly visible from the freeway. This museum is amazing!! I only have two regrets. 1) That I hadn't visited earlier; and 2) That Eliza was not into it. Lilly and I are going to go back together sans children. It is not that the museum is not child friendly, it is that 2 year olds do not dig fine art. She loved the children's museum and the tram though. Anyway, we had a fabulous time. The art is amazing. The architecture is just awesome, and it has breath taking views of the city. Oh, and did I mention that it is FREE?! You have the pay for parking, but big deal!

Maybe we could organize a girlfriend trip?!

Here are the pictures:

2 comments:

jamie hixon said...

I totally love the Getty. I've been a few times and I love it every time. We took Asher with us last time, and you are right. It is better without children.

Lin said...

We live about an hour away from there & we've never been. We're definitely going to have to take a trip there.