You can thank the LA Times. I was reading today and some guy wrote a letter that he was mad that he couldn't bring his dog to work. Why did he feel slighted? Well his boss brings his toddler in once in a while... and of course, what's the difference?
I just don't get it. I've actually experienced this multiple times in different situations, and let me make my feelings perfectly clear.
CHILDREN ARE NOT ANIMALS, AND ANIMALS ARE NOT CHILDREN!!!
Don't get me wrong. I'm a naturist. I love animals, but your animal does not in any way deserve the same rights and privileges as a child.
Animals are animals, and they deserve to be treated well, but not to the detriment of humans. I'm not saying you should beat your dog and leave it outside, but I am definitely saying that my child deserves a seat over your dog at an airport. I am saying that your dog does not have any right to be in a grocery store (including Costco), drug store, or any store (besides Petco) AND my child definitely does! I'm saying that you have NO right to look down your nose at my child for being a child, all the while coddling your dog. Oh, and don't you DARE act like my child will give your precious pooch germs.
What I want to know is: When did people forget what it is like to be a child? When did they lose touch with the wonderment of childhood? When did society decide that is it is not normal for a child to be just that, a child? Children are noisy and messy and sometimes crazy, but they are not a bother. In fact, children are the most amazing creatures in this world.
I've decided I'm no longer going to apologize for my child. Most of the time, she is an absolute angel, but she is still a child. And, unless she chucks a canned good in your face, you're just going to have to get over it. When she giggles wildly because she thinks the balloon at TJ's is hilarious, you'll have to get over it. When she shrieks at how great she thinks your dog is and points and you make an evasive maneuver, you'd better hope that I'm in a good mood because I may just call you out.
P.S. Don't bother leaving me comment about how great your pooch is and how he deserves rights because even if I like you, I'm going to delete your comment.
5 comments:
AMEN!
That is all.
;)
Well said!
Ventura is such a dog-lover's town too. I don't get why owners think it's okay for their dogs to get away from them and run rampant through the playgrounds at parks.
I completely agree!
I love dogs but they're not human & I surely dont want to be at a restaraunt with a dog at the next table. It's one thing if it's a guide dog & it must be with them at all times but bringing your 'pet' to the grocery store is a big no no.
Ouch - my eyes are burning. ;)
I agree with you completely. There sure are a lot of people with skewed perceptions, aren't there?
I am completely on your side, Amanda!
I used to get so irritated at the people in the SB Nordstroms who were leading their dogs around while glaring at me and my child in a stroller. It was as if they were thinking "you are contributing to the over-population of the planet, while I (in my perfection) am saving a poor animal from the streets."
Post a Comment