"Why?," you may ask. Well, here is a list:
1) You are FORCED into them. Disney's marketing is guerrilla. It almost impossible to buy anything for a toddler without them.
2) They always wear makeup. C'mon! Unrealistic!
3) They are all waiting to be "saved" by their prince.
4) No woman looks like that.
5) They are just so girly. Ugh!
I've lost.
It is what I deserve though. I let one in (Ariel), and the rest just muscled their way through. Granted, she has never seen the movies of Snow White, Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, and Aladdin, but she has the books AND she can identify them all.
*Sigh*
6 comments:
You know, I completely understand. But Eliza's s cute as snow white! ;)
It's not so bad... I say let them be girly now because they won't really have a place to do that later. It's amazing to me how girly Kira is without any pushing from me... we have no princess outfits yet but she will wear any shoes available to her, wears anything on her head she can get a hold of...etc.
I say, let be little girls for as long as we can because one day they will grow up and we will miss these times
I feel the same way about Barbies. As of now, I say "Never!". We will see how long that lasts with everyone else buying her presents.
Ariel looks freakin anorexic in that picture! She's even skinnier than Jasmine.
You may have lost the princess battle, but she looks adorable. So, not too bad of a loss.
I think Belle is different though. While Beast did save her when she fell through the ice, she saved him when he was attacked by the villagers and turned him back into the prince. She was also more about book smarts than looks (even though she was gorgeous). Jasmine was a pretty strong woman too.
Post a Comment