Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Petit Fours



I made Petit Fours with Bryanna and Erin (who are both chemists). It was so much fun, but definitely a lot of work.

Here is what I learned:
  • It is best to use a very FIRM cake. Your cake should not have any crumbs.
  • Gum paste is FUN! I loved making gum paste flowers. In fact, I made the two big flowers in the picture. Bryanna made the hearts. Gum paste does dry fast though.
  • Heat the glaze. Glaze is already difficult to spread but if not heated, it is impossible.
  • Many hands make light work. Petit fours take a lot of effort; so, invite a lot of friends.
Thanks to Erin for hosting and being so gracious and Bryanna for piping and the good laughs.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Those look great! I've heard from people that they're hard to make, so good work.

Jenn Kirk said...

I'm impressed. Petit fours is to baking what Everest is to mountain climbing.